With the new Responsive Menu 3.1.28 update, we have made accessibility improvements that will help you in navigating the main menu and its submenus with ease.
We strongly believe that the information should be accessible to everyone and even for persons with disabilities.
Hence, Keeping this in mind we’ve made certain improvements whereby the user will be able to navigate through the menu using the tab key, escape key, home key, end key, space key, enter key and arrow keys on the keyboard.
We added several keyboard shortcuts to access the menu. They are also applicable to the Desktop Menu if you use the Pro Version.
Following are the list of Keyboard Shortcuts for navigating through the menus without using the mouse:-
- Home Key:- When you press the Home Key on the keyboard it navigates the focus to the first menu item.
- End Key:- When you press the End Key on the keyboard it navigates the focus to the last menu item.
- Space Key:- If you are in the sub-menu list pressing the Space Key opens up the desired link set on that particular menu.
- ESC Key:- Pressing the Escape Key will close the sub menu items and will navigate you to the main menu.
- Enter Key:- Pressing the Enter key will open up the desired link from the menu.
- Up Arrow Key:- Pressing the Up Arrow Key will help you navigate from the sub-menu items to the main menu.
- Down Arrow Key:- Pressing the Down Arrow Key will help you navigate from the main menu to the sub-menu items.
- Left Arrow Key:- Pressing the Left Arrow Key will allow you to navigate the focus to the left-hand side of the menu i.e moves in the backward direction
- Right Arrow Key:- Pressing the Right Arrow Key will allow you to navigate the focus to the Right-hand side of the menu i.e moves in the forward direction
- Tab Key:- Pressing the Tab key will move the focus on the main menu in the forward direction only.
- Shift + Tab Key:- Pressing the Shift Key with Tab Key will move the focus on the main menu in the backward direction only.
Checkout other improvements like Click to open Sub Menu, Improved Standard Mode Layout for Desktop Sub Menu and Improved Mega Menu Functionality.